The City of Lakewood is committed to protecting online users’ privacy. We believe that protection of personal privacy on the Internet is our responsibility, to assure citizen confidence, increase participation in online activities, and support effective delivery of municipal services.
Lakewood Online intends to give users as much control as possible over their personal information. The purpose of our policy is to inform you about the types of information we gather when you visit our site, how we may use that information, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, the information.
- If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails us this inform, we will only use the personally identifiable information to respond to your request, or contact you in the future about municipal matters or analyze Web site trends. We also may redirect your message to another government agency or person who is in a better position to answer your question or request.
- Information that we collect for statistical purposes: The date, type of browser used, and technical Internet communication protocol data. We collect this information about each user session from our user logs and refer to it in summary form for statistical purposes.
- Information that you provide us when using our interactive forms and functions: Name, address, telephone number, and other personal and/or business data, depending on the particular service you use. We collect only that data necessary to provide the service that you are requesting or for future communication purposes.
- Control of personal information: At any time, when accessing our site(s), you, while online, may decline participation in any activity that asks for information (i.e., survey, e-mail or e-commerce). Your choice not to participate will in no way affect your ability to use any other feature on our site(s). In online applications that ask for personal information, you also are provided the option of canceling or “clearing all fields” of information and terminating the application. You also are provided an automatic way to “unsubscribe” to any newsletters, notices, schedules sent to you automatically be e-mail in our various contact services.
- Use of “cookies”: We do not use “persistent” cookies to collect permanent information. We may use “persistent” cookies (which would be resident on your computer) to increase ease of use. Such a cookie might contain your ID number (if any), thereby relieving you of having to always enter the number. Under this circumstance, we will only use a “persistent” cookie when you give your permission. We may also use “non-persistent” cookies in applications (such as an online job application) that keep track of a user’s online session and make it possible for you to complete a form or use a function, but this cookie disappears when you finish filling out an application, or searching a database.
As a governmental agency, we are governed by the California Public Records Act. Any information that we received through use of our site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.
Otherwise, we do not share personal identifying information with any third party without your permission. We disclose only in aggregate form our statistical analyses or demographics of users to third parties. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless we are legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
City of Lakewood -- Lakewood Online Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE CITY OF LAKEWOOD GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE ("TERMS AND CONDITIONS") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEB SITE www.lakewoodcity.org, its sub-domains, OR ANY SERVICES OFFERED BY THE CITY OF LAKEWOOD.
By using the web site and other services offered by the CITY OF LAKEWOOD, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site.
www.lakewoodcity.org or its sub-domains are an online information service provided by the CITY OF LAKEWOOD, which may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting such revised Terms and Conditions at www.lakewoodcity.org or its sub-domains. Your continued usage of this site or any of its services will mean you accept those changes.
No Legal Advice
The materials available on this site (the "Materials") have been prepared by the CITY OF LAKEWOOD, its Staff and other contributors for informational purposes only, are not legal advice and should not be relied on as such. The CITY OF LAKEWOOD does not guarantee or warrant that the Materials are accurate, complete or up-to-date. The Materials are general in nature and may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances. Laws and procedures change frequently and are subject to differing interpretations. The Materials are not intended to substitute for obtaining legal advice from competent, independent, legal counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. If you want legal advice, please consult a lawyer. This site is not intended to create, and your use of the Materials does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship. You should not act upon any of the Materials without seeking professional counsel. Any opinions, whether legal or otherwise, expressed on this site are solely those of the respective author(s).
Copyright and Trademarks
The Materials are protected by United States and other copyright laws, except for works of the United States Government pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 105. The selection, arrangement and presentation of all Materials (including information in the public domain), and the overall design of this site are copyright © 2011 CITY OF LAKEWOOD. All rights reserved. The CITY OF LAKEWOOD is the owner of all copyrights in and to the Materials, except for works of the United States Government pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 105. Permission is granted to view and print materials from this site for the non-commercial purpose of viewing, reading and retaining for reference. Any other copying, distribution, retransmission or modification of information or Materials on this site, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without the express prior written permission of the CITY OF LAKEWOOD, is strictly prohibited. The CITY OF LAKEWOOD logo is a service mark of the CITY OF LAKEWOOD.
Links to Other Pages
www.lakewoodcity.org or its sub-domains contains links to other pages on the World Wide Web. The CITY OF LAKEWOOD does not assume responsibility for the contents, accuracy, nor completeness of those other pages. CITY OF LAKEWOOD will gladly remove any link from this website upon request from the linked entity.
CITY OF LAKEWOOD, whether or not affiliated with sites that may be linked to this site, is not responsible for their content ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk. Disclaimer: CITY OF LAKEWOOD or any of its related persons or entities, providing entertainment contracts, forms, releases, and agreements does so solely as an educational reference. It is not intended to be used as a substitute for qualified, legal advice. The legality of the forms and agreements presented may vary from state to state. Use them as a guideline only. For advice on specific legal matters, consult a qualified attorney.
THE CITY OF LAKEWOOD DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THIS SITE, THE MATERIALS, ANY PRODUCTS, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE, OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES LISTED ON THIS SITE, AND THE CITY OF LAKEWOOD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. THE CITY OF LAKEWOOD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THIS SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. THE CITY OF LAKEWOOD WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE CITY OF LAKEWOOD OR ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND THE ASSIGNS OF SAME BE LIABLE FOR (1) ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, THE MATERIALS OR ANY INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SITE, EVEN IF THE CITY OF LAKEWOOD OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (2) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THIS SITE, THE MATERIALS AND/OR LISTINGS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED THROUGH THIS SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE CITY OF LAKEWOOD’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the CITY OF LAKEWOOD and its officers, employees, agents and the assigns of same, from and against any and all loss, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses), claims, damages and liabilities related to or associated with your use of this site and any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract made under and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. You agree that State and Federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California, or the Ninth District shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine any claims or disputes between you and the CITY OF LAKEWOOD (and/or its officers, employees, agents and the assigns of same), pertaining directly or indirectly to these Terms and Conditions, or to any matter arising therefrom, or any other document executed and delivered in connection herewith or therewith.
Except as expressly provided in a particular legal notice posted by the CITY OF LAKEWOOD on this site, these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the CITY OF LAKEWOOD with respect to the use of this site and the Materials. The CITY OF LAKEWOOD’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of these Terms and Conditions. The CITY OF LAKEWOOD may assign its rights and duties under these Terms and Conditions to any party at any time without notice to you.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated in May, 2014.
Questions or comments regarding this site should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. mail to CITY OF LAKEWOOD, 5050 Clark Avenue, Lakewood, California 90712. email@example.com.